Friday, October 30, 2009

Sweet Moments...

Jacob has a little "lovey" blankie that he calls his mimi.  We don't know how he came up with that, but that's what he calls it.  Sometimes we play with him and snatch his mimi away and pretend it is ours.  He always says, "MY mimi!"  Some time ago, we started to then grab him, after a "MY mimi" and say, "Yes, that's your mimi, but YOU are MY mimi!"  Most of the time these days, its Daddy who plays this game.

So I came home from work (this is my second week back after maternity leave) and proceeded to sit on the couch beside Jacob as he watched "Melmo".  This has become routine for us all, now that we head off to work and daycare early in the morning.  Jacob scooted over to me and snuggled in.  Then I heard him say, "You're MY mimi."  MY HEART MELTED...  It was as good as if he'd said, "I love you."  Maybe better.  I love this little boy.

No comments: